Easter 2017 : – We all concern about the “Jesus” and knew a lil bit about him but not the deep facts about them. Here my friend, you can find all the stuffs regarding to “Easter 2017”.
In our blog you can explore more about the “Easter 2017” and also the interesting facts and lots of other things regarding to “Easter 2017“.
First of all about the “Easter 2017” that “Who is Jesus ?”
Jesus (c. 4 BC – c. AD 30/33), also referred to as Jesus of Nazareth or Jesus Christ, was a Jewish preacher and religious leader who became the central figure of Christianity. Christians believe him to be the Son of God and the awaited Messiah prophesied in the Old Testament.
Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed historically, although the quest for the historical Jesus has produced little agreement on the historical reliability of the Gospels and on how closely the biblical Jesus reflects the historical Jesus. Jesus was a Galilean Jew who was baptized by John the Baptist and subsequently began his own ministry, preaching his message orally and often being referred to as “rabbi”. He was arrested and tried by the Jewish authorities, and was crucified by the order of Pontius Pilate, the Roman prefect. Jesus debated fellow Jews on how to best follow God, performed healings, taught in parables and gathered followers. After his death, his followers believed he rose from the dead, and the community they formed eventually became the Christian Church.
Meaning of Easter is the day when we celebrate Jesus Christ rising from the dead. Jesus is the Son of God and heroically gave His life to die for our sins. On the third day after He died — the day we now celebrate as Easter Sunday — His friends went to His grave, and found that He had risen from the dead. They saw an angel who told them, “Don’t be afraid! I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He isn’t here! He has been raised from the dead, just as He said it would happen”
Jesus rose from the dead on Easter Sunday; now He offers to you the gift of eternal life and forgiveness of sins. This is the true story of Easter, and how it can change your life. Here are
4 principles that tell how you can receive the gift of God for your life for Easter 2017
1. God Loves You!
The Bible says, “God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life”
2. All of us have done, said or thought things that are wrong. This is called
sin, and our sins have separated us from God.
The Bible says “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” God is perfect and holy, and our sins separate us from God forever. The Bible says “The wages of sin is death.”
3. God sent His only Son Jesus Christ to die for our sins.
Jesus is the Son of God. He lived a sinless life and then died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins. “God demonstrates His own love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.”
Jesus rose from the dead and now He lives in heaven with God His Father. He offers us the gift of eternal life — of living forever with Him in heaven if we accept Him as our Lord and Savior. Jesus said “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me”
God reaches out in love to you and wants you to be His child. “As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe on His name”
You can choose to ask Jesus Christ to forgive your sins and come in to your life as your Lord and Savior.
4. If you want to accept Christ as Savior and turn from your sins, you can ask him to be your Savior and Lord by praying a prayer like this:
“Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. Please forgive my sins and give me the gift of eternal life. I ask you in to my life and heart to be my Lord and Savior. I want to serve you always”
Bible say about Easter 2017
Easter, with bunnies, baby chicks, and eggs amidst the resurrection of Jesus Christ – what do they have to do with each other? Is the origin of Easter biblical? What does the Bible say about Easter? What is the meaning of Easter? Should Christians observe Easter? A brief history of Easter tells us that the name “Easter” comes from the Anglo-Saxon, Eostre, the name of the goddess of spring. Bunnies are symbols of fertility, while eggs were seen as pagan symbols of death and life.
- Is Easter Mentioned in the Bible?
If one were to search for the word “Easter” you could find its mention in the King James Bible, Acts 12:1-4. “Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. And he killed James the brother of John with the sword. And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.) And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four Quaternary of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.”
- Did the Early Apostles Historically Celebrate Easter?Well, we must first look in-depth at the history of Easter and the details mentioned above to gain some understanding. Herod Agrippa I who ruled from 37 AD to 44 AD put James to death in the last year of his reign. When one thinks of Easter throughout history and in the 21st century, what day do we think of? Sunday, most likely. However, what day did Easter fall on in 44 AD? Thursday.When we look at the history of Easter we will find that the word Easter was substituted for the word “Pesach” which really is more correctly translated as Passover. For centuries, Passover foreshadowed the death of Jesus. Easter mentioned here in Acts 12 had nothing to do with Sunday. Passover is actually tied to a calendar day in the year, not a specific day of the week. Much like one’s birthday, or wedding anniversary, or Fourth of July. You celebrate the date, not the day. Independence Day is not held on Thursdays every year even though it was a Thursday in 1776
What Else Does the Bible Say About Easter 2017?
Throughout the New Testament after the resurrection, Sunday is simply called the “First day of the week” as opposed to the “day of the Resurrection.” Which leads one to wonder, if God placed no significance on the day, wherein did Sunday become viewed as the weekly memorial of the resurrection? A topic for another time. What should be noticed is that the Jews did not have a ceremony for remembering the future resurrection Jesus. The focus was on the great sacrifice God would make on that particular Passover day of the future. Not only that, there is no Biblical command to commemorate or memorialize the day of His resurrection. The silence of the New Testament on this topic should be noted, considering most of its books were written many years after Christ’s death and resurrection.
What is the True Meaning of Easter 2017?
Let’s look at the Bible to find the meaning of Easter 2017 and how it relates to the resurrection of Jesus. Romans shows us that baptism instead of Easter was given as a symbol of Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. Romans 6:3-5 says, “Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection”
What we see is that the true meaning is more than just a memorial for the resurrection one day a year with a church service. We can even celebrate the resurrection as we allow Christ’s resurrection to become a reality in our lives as we live anew victoriously. Christ’s death and resurrection is a daily hope of how the good will of God can overcome the forces of evil, of how truth will prevail and unmask the lie, of how love will triumph over sin, and how the blessed hope of eternal life will even put an end to death one day.
Quotes About Jesus & Easter 2017
- “Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.”
- “Jesus’s resurrection is the beginning of God’s new project not to snatch people away from earth to heaven but to colonize earth with the life of heaven. That, after all, is what the Lord’s Prayer is about.”
- “EASTER HAS BEEN CANCELED – THEY FOUND THE BODY”
- “If man had his way, the plan of redemption would be an endless and bloody conflict. In reality, salvation was bought not by Jesus’ fist, but by His nail-pierced hands; not by muscle but by love; not by vengeance but by forgiveness; not by force but by sacrifice. Jesus Christ our Lord surrendered in order that He might win; He destroyed His enemies by dying for them and conquered death by allowing death to conquer Him.”
- “Hedwig didn’t return until the end of the Easter holidays. Percy’s letter was enclosed in a package of Easter eggs that Mrs. Weasley had sent. Both Harry’s and Ron’s were the size of dragon eggs, and full of home-made toffee. Hermione’s, however, was smaller than a chicken’s egg. Her face fell when she saw it.
“Your mum doesn’t read Witch’s Weekly, by any chance, does she, Ron?” she asked quietly.
“Yeah,” said Ron, whose mouth was full of toffee. “Gets it for the recipes.”
Hermione looked sadly at her tiny egg.”
You can also check Easter Sunday 2017